So -- Singapore to Sri Lanka:
Thank you to my friends who made me go on Space Mountain, the turbulence was so great that I was truly thankful to those of you who made me face my fears of roller coasters (is Space Mountain a roller coaster) - I literally had flashbacks of jolting around at Disneyland as we were on the plane. Fun Stuff. Then, as we reached through the cloud layer that was causing the sporadic movements, we saw lush green - FANTASTIC!
Sri LANKA!! airport:
Swine Flu Exam - check
Second Health Checkpoint - passed
Immigration -- check, batting your eyelashes gets you through faster (Leah Wills)
Luggage - CHECK!!! wooohooo
Customs - Major Check - it was amazing, we literally walked on through without being stopped
After the above checklist we were greeted by Thilini in the BIG pink bus. It was so humid my camera fogged up. Welcome to the humidity, I am getting used to it now, but it was strong!
Arrived at our Sri Lankan Home
Beautiful grounds, was given a tour of the camp where they have created homes for the widows and their children, a boys' home, and a girls' home. They have many projects going on - sewing, mechanics, sooo much - also there is a youth leadership camp which we have been able to see parts of, very fun!
Met CHILDREN!!
Met the children the second day, well met them enough to get to know their names and play. They are all beautiful children, the language barrier has been hard because we dearly want to communicate, but it's being broken down by silly faces and sign language.
Trying to Finish up so Jess and Hill can use computer:
LOVE CRICKET - so fun, I am actually really good at hitting when the boys will pitch slowly to me.
We cleaned the widows' rooms, most of them have never had a space of their own, so we were able to bond over folding, sorting, and laughing.
Been going to the boys' and girls' nightly prayer meetings. SO FUN!
SOOO MUCH I WANT TO SAY! I am sorrry! Soo much I am leaving out. The children are amazing - I don't want to leave, but we are about to go to the Teen Girls Center on Sunday. Oh, Sri Lanka's cricket team won tonight, so that was a big thrill throughout the dining hall. haha.
LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD! Sorry, this is my one chance to email for a while and I am trying to hurry -- The De Vissers are taking amazing care of us. I know I keep using amazing, but it's true. Taking lots of pictures! Kaitlin
Sounds like you're having an amazing time Kaitlin. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll keep praying for your team and Sri Lanka!
I miss you immensely and hope things are going well. Keep up the good work. Love you, love you, love you, Daddy
ReplyDeleteSOOOOO great to hear from you!!! I think you're liking it :o) . . .so glad! I'm sure you girls are a light to these women and kids and that you too are being blessed and lifted up by them! So great how God works! Love it that you're getting to try new things like cricket! How's the food? Spicy? Same as ours? Know you won't have time to write a lot, but take good notes and we'll catch up when you get home! Praying for you and love you so very much . . and SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Eat it up, Baby!! xxoo Mumsie
ReplyDelete